Five Things you should consider before engaging a Digital InfluencerThe world of marketing is shifting and whether you are an avid social media user or subscribe to your favourite magazines, it is almost impossible to ignore the rise of the digital influencer or "the celebrity blogger". Simply put, influencer marketing is when a company engages with an individual to influence potential customers into buying their products. A digital influencer can be in the form of journalists, sports people, academics or bloggers/vloggers. Real influence is not really paid celebrity product endorsements anymore, it’s about genuine, personal recommendations from believable and authentic digital personalities who have a loyal following. Before you embark on engaging a digital influencer, take a few minutes to think about whether it is right for your brand...
- Is your business looking for a company influencer or company spokesperson?
- Do you wish to stimulate action?
- Are you happy to let an influencer manage your message?
- How much are you willing to spend?
- How can I ensure my message is authentic?